What to Love
- The perfect balance of convenience and peacefulness
- Gorgeous surrounding hillsides
- Wonderful restaurants and cultural facilities
- Large parks and open space preserves
- A thriving cultural life
- Exceptional local schools
- Excellent proximity to San Francisco which is home to many tech companies
People & Lifestyle
Orinda is just a 12-minute drive from Oakland and 25 minutes from Downtown San Francisco. Many residents commute across gorgeous hillside scenery from this peaceful community to other Bay Area locations. The population is slowly growing year over year, as professionals seek out its perfect balance of bucolic charm and convenience.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
Orinda has a great selection of restaurants clustered around Orinda Theater Square and dotted along Orinda Way. Theater Square’s wide selection of international cuisine includes Casa Orinda, The Fourth Bore Tap Room & Grill, Serika sushi house, and innovative French-Californian fusion cuisine at Shelby’s. Theater Square also features locally-run shops such as Sanvitalia Home & Garden, along with the Bamboo Spa and Anytime Fitness. Located besides Orinda’s BART station, the square’s centerpiece is the classic 1940s-built Orinda Theater. This beautiful space showcases both movies and live concert performances.